Online Event: How to Pay for Your School’s Solar System – Jun 29
Posted by PHENND on June 20, 2023
Join the Philadelphia Solar Energy Association and PHENND Sustainability to learn how to make your solar dreams a reality!
Solar finance experts will describe all the new and existing ways to finance solar systems for schools, including newly expanded federal tax credits, utility Act 129 payments, state and federal grant and loan programs, conventional loans, SRECs and power purchase agreements. They will also review how these incentives create opportunities for direct ownership and thus greater financial savings to the school.
The presenters will also demonstrate a pro forma that you can use to run different scenarios for your school to compare options as part of your decision making process.
- Maryrose Myretus, Director of the Philadelphia Green Capital Corporation
- Matthew Brown, Co-Chair and Co-Founder of the National Energy Improvement Fund
- Andrea Swiatocha, U.S. Department of Energy
- Roger Clark, Reinvestment Fund/Sustainable Development Fund (retired)
This is the third webinar in a series previewing the forthcoming Solar Schools Toolkit, a PA Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) sponsored project designed to make it easier than ever for schools to harness the many benefits of solar.
Date and Time: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 9:30-11:00 AM
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Next Steps AmeriCorps seeks undergraduate members – May 1
- Applications Open: The 2024 Phillip B. Lindy Award for Excellence in K-16 Partnerships – Apr 26
- Voting Video Competition – Mar 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.