Office Manager, Working America
Posted by Working America on June 25, 2018
With 3 million members, Working America mobilizes working people who don’t have the benefit of a union at work to fight for good jobs and a fair economy. As the community affiliate of the AFL-CIO, we unite working people in urban and suburban communities around a shared economic agenda.
The Office Manager ensures that the field canvass administration runs effectively and efficiently.
This is a fixed term position and will end no later than 11/16/2018.
Reports to: Field Director
- Provide information on incoming job inquiries and schedule prospective applicants;
- Maintain a 60% interview set and interview show rate;
- Track job call information including sources of calls, interviews set, and interview show rate for each advertisement;
- Research career fair opportunities, set dates, staff events;
- Assist with on-site recruitment events including hanging up flyers, staffing tabling events, presentations to community groups;
- Assist in the development of recruitment materials and with various recruitment projects
- Assist in writing and placing job advertisements;
- Work closely with the Recruitment Specialist to find new venues to place advertisements.
Office and Canvass Administration
- Greet incoming interviewees and guests;
- Answer phone calls and e-mails in a timely manner;
- Assist canvass and program staff with office equipment, including fax machine, accessing the network, using the copier;
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and inter-office communications;
- Maintain daily record of individual canvass performance;
- Replenish all canvass materials including depleted observer clipboards, applications, hiring packs;
- Production and distribution of weekly and monthly canvass reports and summaries;
- Process information requests from the public making sure that they are directed to the appropriate people;
- Maintain office systems including copier, fax, printer, and computers;
- Help maintain a neat and professional office appearance;
- Keep accurate inventory of all program and canvass materials placing printing orders for receipts, campaign information, signature sheets, and all other canvass and program materials as needed;
- Maintain a current list of supplies and reorder supplies as needed;
- Scan and transmit signature sheets and other documents.
Financial and Human Resources
- Process canvass payroll, ensuring accuracy and timeliness;
- Track and report canvass deposit information;
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash;
- Process charges collected in the field, closely following all security measures;
- Maintain a log of all charges collected in the field;
- Process change of information and termination forms in a timely fashion;
- Update staff benefit information and eligibility dates. Track insurance eligibility and ensure enrollment forms are submitted in a timely manner;
- Maintain current personnel information and files;
- Assist in expense tracking; ensure that all original receipts are securely filed away;
- Verify and deposit postdates received in the field;
- Check accuracy of crew sheets and signature sheets on a daily basis;
- Maintain any additional records and systems as needed.
- Maintain a system for sorting and tracking letters generated by the canvass
- Regularly check letters for accuracy
- Work with regional director to ensure timely mailing of letters and other calls to actions
- Assist with making campaign and program information available and accessible to the canvass
- Maintain current news articles and update bulletin boards
- Update and assemble issue files
- Work with regional director to mobilize members for various events and activities
- Assist with efforts to ensure quality canvass contacts including verification calls and reviewing signature sheets
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong in-person and telephone communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including e-mail, internet, Word and Excel. Database experience a plus;
- Appreciation and understanding of labor issues, and understanding canvassing as a grassroots organizing strategy;
- Detail oriented and organized;
- Financial, human resource, administration and payroll experience a plus;
- Work well as part of a team in a multi-tasking, detail and deadline oriented environment;
- Consistent and reliable attendance;
- Neat and professional personal appearance;
- Minimum time commitment to stay at Working America, as agreed upon with Field Director.
FLSA classification: Non-exempt
Salary is competitive and includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution. Working America is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- Freedom Schools Literacy Academy Paid Teacher Apprenticeship
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.