NYLC’s Generator extends submission deadline
Posted by on May 17, 2002
The National Youth Leadership Council (NYLC) has extended the deadline for submissions for the Fall 2002 issue of The Generator, which will feature articles on the theme: Meeting the Standards Challenge with Service-Learning. We are interested in how you relate or address academic or graduation standards in your state with service-learning.
Desired elements are:
– Articles around the theme (You may either send the full article or a proposed outline; articles will be 750-1,500 words and may be edited by staff.)
– Program examples related to education standards & service-learning (Name of the program, organization/school, grade level & subject, contact information, 2 paragraph description highlighting unique aspects of the program. If accepted for publication, at least one photo of program activities will be requested.)
– Research articles pertaining to the theme (same requirements as general articles above).
– Any other resources or ideas along this theme are appreciated.
Please submit these materials to Megan McKinnon at NYLC by Friday, June 21, 2002 and be sure to include your summer contact information. Questions should be directed to Megan at (651) 999-7353 or [email protected].
NYLC is the nation’s most prominent advocate of service-learning and national service. Founded in 1983, NYLC’s mission is to build vital, just communities with young people through service-learning. NYLC creates curricula and training programs for young people and adults, advocates education reform and progressive youth policy, and maintains extensive networks in support of these measures.
Executive & Editorial Assistant
National Youth Leadership Council
1667 Snelling Avenue North
Saint Paul, MN 55108
e. [email protected]
More in "Miscellaneous"
- 2024 Collective Success Network STEM Career Exploration Program – Dec 15
- Virtual Conversation: Aligning BDEI with Civic and Community Engagement Functions in Higher Education – Dec 12
- 2023 Teach Plus Philadelphia Affinity Group Network Participant Interest Form
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.