Nonprofits and Policy Makers: Courageous Conversations in Advocacy
PANO hosts conversation with policymakers on nonprofit advocacy
So…what DO a Republican Congressman (Representative Pat Meehan, to be specific), Governor Wolf’s Secretary of Policy & Planning, and breakfast all have in common?
They’ll all be at Villanova University on Monday, November 13, for Nonprofits and Policy Makers: Courageous Conversations in Advocacy – and we hope you’ll be there, too! Villanova and the PA Association of Nonprofit Organizations (link is external) (PANO) are excited to be partnering up to bring this half-day program to Southeastern PA, featuring:
1. A live conversation with both Congressman Meehan (R-7th District of PA) and Sarah Galbally, Secretary of Planning & Policy to Governor Wolf, about current policymaking activity at the federal and state levels and discuss ways to find common ground and effectively navigate policy issues
2. An in-depth review of the rules of lobbying and advocacy for nonprofits
3. Time to collectively process, discuss, and turn abstract takeaways into concrete action plans
4. Opportunities for networking
5. Food – did we mention breakfast is on us?
$10 – PANO Members | $20 – Regular Price
Don’t miss out! Click here for more information and to sign up – and be sure to reserve your seat before registration ends on Tuesday, November 7!
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Zoom Event: Celebrate the Americans with Disabilities Act Anniversary – Jul 28
- CEA Virtual Learning Series: Building Coalitions – Aug 17
- Physics Professional Development Course: Physics for the Next Generation: The Patterns Approach – Jul 25-28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.