Nonprofit Strategic Planning Consultant (RFI) – Aug 8
Posted by IHM Center for Literacy on July 5, 2022
IHM Center for Literacy and GED Programs has initiated a Request for Information (RFI) process to identify a qualified consultant to guide and execute a strategic planning process with our stakeholder community to develop a three-year (2023-2025) plan.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO RESPOND? IHM Center for Literacy and GED Programs seeks consultants who demonstrate a strong overall understanding of the structure and purpose of nonprofit organizations, have strong facilitation skills and have proven experience with nonprofit strategic planning of faith-based organizations. In addition, consultants should have knowledge of education dedicated to teaching life skills and language acquisition to multi-ethnic, non-English speaking adult immigrants.
CONSULTANT FEE: A fee of five thousand dollars ($5000.00) will be paid to the consultant.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The mission of the IHM Center for Literacy and GED Programs is to teach life skills to the growing population of multi-ethnic, non-English speaking adult immigrants in the Philadelphia region. The goals of the Center should be consistent with the mission, charism and best educational practices of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Courses include English for speakers of other languages; citizenship classes; and computer literacy programs.
SCOPE OF WORK AND DELIVERABLES
We expect the project to include:
- Project management and facilitation in conjunction with the Mission and Planning Committee
- Design and execution of a strategic planning process that meets the criteria in this RFI
- Development of a three-year strategic plan (2023-2025) that includes a budget for implementation
- Development and execution of a support structure for plan implementation
The proposal should include:
- A project plan that demonstrates a clear understanding of the work to be performed, estimated hours and other information relevant to the project
- Qualifications of the consultant such as: education, training, prior experience with nonprofit strategic planning
PROJECT GOALS AND TARGET AUDIENCE
IHM Center for Literacy and GED Programs desires the work to be completed in three stages. Work completed in each stage will be summarized in a report to the Board of Directors and stakeholders.
- Stage 1—Pre-planning – This stage requires the consultant to research and report the following in preparation for the strategic planning session. Items to be considered:
- Review of organization’s history and overall assessment through a SWOT analysis of the organization to evaluate opportunities and concerns
- Analysis of the questionnaires recently completed by the stakeholders
- Interviews, surveys and focus group polling to receive additional information
- Stage 2—Strategic Planning Creation –In this stage, the consultant guides the nonprofit to identify strategic goals and create an actionable strategic plan. The plan includes:
- An executive summary
- A comprehensive plan that identifies: Shared Mission and Vision, SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-limited) Goals, Objectives, Strategies, Tactics, Listing of responsible parties and roles, Outcomes, and Measurable
- Stage 3—Implementation and Evaluation Follow-Up –In this stage, the consultant will assist the nonprofit by providing oversight of the implementation and evaluation process. This process should include:
- Follow-up sessions with nonprofit leadership to gauge the progress of the implementation at 3 and 6- month points after plan completion
- Gathering of any measurables that would give indication of successful implementation
PROPOSAL FORMAT: Please include the following information in your proposal:
- Your approach to strategic planning
- A summary of your strategic planning experience
- Identify like nonprofit sectors in which you have conducted strategic planning
- Two client references
- Sample project timeline with major tasks and milestones
- Sample project plan
The proposal must also include the following specific information:
General Information—The proposal should provide the name of the consultant, title, address, phone number, email address, and website, if one exists.
Consultant Qualifications and Roles—The proposal must describe the consultant’s qualifications such as work activities, expertise, knowledge and experience.
Some key qualifications to be considered:
- Education (degree(s) and/or certificate(s))
- Experience in successfully developing strategic plans
- Strong facilitation skills
- Project management experience
Work Plan—The proposal should include a detailed description of the activities needed to complete the work.
- Specific activities to be completed at each stage
- Sample timeline for the activity at each stage
- List of milestones and deliverables tied to the activities
References—Information regarding each reference should include the individual’s name, address, phone number and email address.
SCORING – Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated on the following criteria:
- Qualifications (40 %)
- Scope of Proposal (30 %)
- Work Plan (30 %)
PROCESS FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
- Closing Submission Date – Proposals are due by 4:00 pm on August 8, 2022
- Inquires – Inquiries concerning this RFI should be directed to Anne Walker (Mission and Planning Committee Chair) 215-438-1147 or email@example.com.
- Request for Proposals: General Adult Education and Digital Literacy – Sep 19
- Civic & Digital Media Cultivator, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
- Teacher/Education Positions, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.