Nonprofit Ethics Training Clinic
Posted by on July 28, 2006
The Nonprofit Center at La Salle University, in partnership with the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations (PANO) is offering Clinic Training Sessions in the Philadelphia region to begin on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 from 9:00 AM ? 1:00 PM at Nonprofit Center at La Salle University. The Philadelphia Clinic series is funded by The Philadelphia Foundation, The Wachovia Foundation and The HBE Foundation.
A state-of-the-art ethics and accountability program, the Standards for Excellence consists of eight Guiding Principles and 56 standards. The Guiding Principles include: mission and program, governing board, conflict of interest, human resources, financial and legal, openness, fundraising and public policy.
The nationally recognized Standards for Excellence provide a tool to for improving nonprofit efficiency and performance. The Standards for Excellence program:
– Helps an organization be more focused in planning and organizational efforts assuring appropriate policies are in place.
– Energizes board and staff, resulting in a more informed staff and more engaged board members.
– Increases credibility with donors and the public and promotes the highest level of public confidence.
Please visit http://www.pano.org/events.php#Standards%20for%20Excellence or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- CEA Virtual Learning Series: Building Coalitions – Aug 17
- Physics Professional Development Course: Physics for the Next Generation: The Patterns Approach – Jul 25-28
- Regional Industries and STEM Education Meeting – Jul 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.