Non-profit Job Opportunity- Director of Programs at SOWN – May 29
Posted by Supportive Older Women's Network (SOWN) on April 28, 2020
Supportive Older Women’s Network (SOWN) is a 35-year old Philadelphia, community-based non-profit providing critical services to older adults in the Philadelphia area. We currently seek candidates with clinical social work experience to whom this mission matters. Our staff and volunteers provide support to grandparents raising grandchildren through group meetings, workshops, family fitness and nutrition educational events, as well as literacy programs. Additionally, older women living in their communities will find support in neighborhood-based groups. For older women unable to leave home, we offer telephone support groups and counseling. A specialized unit of SOWN offers support groups and workshops to those caring for loved ones with Parkinson’s Disease. In short, our mission is to provide counseling, community, support, and resources as an alternative to loneliness, fear, and isolation.
We currently seek a Director of Programs due to an interim promotion. This is a full-time, long term position (6+ months with benefits) and the potential for continued, regular employment. As the supervisor and coordinator of our direct service providers, you will report to the Interim Executive Director, and play a key role in helping both older adults and children thrive.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee, lead, and implement SOWN’s direct services programs including service delivery and outcomes.
- Partner with Executive Director in planning SOWN’s strategic direction and evaluating the impact of changing funding sources.
- Select and supervise direct service staff, consultants, area students, and volunteers.
- Work with development team to seek and apply for funding opportunities.
- Increase awareness of SOWN’s services through community relations, agency outreach, and the cultivation of relationships.
- Prepare and submit monthly service reports to designated funders.
- Oversee direct service evaluation, client database, reporting, and invoicing procedures.
- Conduct leadership training sessions.
- Assist with development of future funding streams.
- Master’s in Social Work with current PA LCSW license.
- Five or more years of experience working with a client population similar to SOWN.
- Supervisory and training experience.
- Knowledge of aging and women’s agency networks.
- Independence and initiative, along with a supportive, team approach.
- Clear verbal and written communication, easily interacting with staff, clients, agencies, and the general community.
- Dependable and driven, with a strong work ethic and personal integrity.
- A valid driver’s license and availability of a car.
Annual salary is based on experience and ranges from $50K to $65K. Our office is in Manayunk. We offer a business casual, friendly work environment.
To apply, please send your letter of interest and resume by May 29, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All resumes will be reviewed, held in confidence, and acknowledged in a timely manner.
Important Note: SOWN has routinely provided remote services to many of our clients since well before COVID-19 even came on the scene. Our staff has always had the flexibility and tools to work safely and effectively from their homes. Should you wish to apply for the Director of Programs position, we can ensure a hiring and on-boarding process that while not face-to-face, is safe, informative, and effective. In other words, this remains an excellent time to join a great team! We are also proud to announce receipt of a Philadelphia COVID-19 Fund grant including media recognition of the vital services we provide to the elderly.
- Site Coordinator, Playworks
- Administrative and Event Associate., Bicycle Coalition
- Accounting Associate (Remote), Center for Black Educator Development
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.