Nominations for Mayor’s Day of Service Recognition
Posted by City of Philadelphia on November 6, 2017
We would like to put on your radar about an upcoming annual event, Mayor’s Day of Service Recognition, being held in April 2018. The Mayor’s Day of Service is a chance to recognize service members who dedicate their time, efforts, and resources to bettering Philadelphia.
We have officially opened our nomination form. Feel free to nominate any current or alumni AmeriCorps, current or alumni Senior Corps, or returning Peace Corps Volunteers who you may know that qualify for the Mayor’s Day of Service Award.
The nominations will be open until January 19th, 2018, 5 PM.
Below are the 4 separate categories.
- Mayor’s Philly Hero Award (residents of Philadelphia who have made a unique contribution to the city through service)
- Mayor’s Distinguished National Service Award (residents of Philadelphia who are currently serving in AmeriCorps or Senior Corps)
- Mayor’s Distinguished National Service Alumni Award (residents of Philadelphia who are alumni of AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, or Peace Corps)
- Mayor’s Youth Hero Award (children of Philadelphia under 18 who have made a unique contribution to the city through service)
Select this link to begin nomination → https://goo.gl/forms/IkQ8PThz9CHXEy0w2
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Youth Development Workforce Survey
- Philadelphia Cable Television Survey
- National Black Lives Matter at School Virtual Week of Action – Feb 6-10
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.