NFL Youth Football Fund Grassroots Program
Posted by on May 27, 2005
Apply to the NFL Youth Football Fund Grassroots Program for capital improvement project grants by August 20, 2005.
The NFL Youth Football Fund Grassroots Program (the "NFL Grassroots Program") is a partnership of the National Football League Youth Football Fund (NFL YFF), which provides funding for the Program, and the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), which provides technical assistance and manages the Program. The goal of the NFL Grassroots Program is to provide non-profit, neighborhood-based organizations with financial and technical assistance to improve the quality, safety, and accessibility of local football fields.
The NFL Grassroots Program provides grants of up to $200,000 for capital improvement projects. In order to be eligible for a grant under the NFL Grassroots Program, projects must be sponsored by non-profit community-based organizations registered as exempt from Federal Income Tax under Internal Revenue Service Code Section 501 (c)(3) or middle or high schools.
In addition, all organizations applying for funds must be located specifically and exclusively within NFL Target Markets, listed in Attachment A and serve low to moderate income areas within those markets. Strong preference will be given to those proposals that:
(1) Seek to upgrade existing facilities that are in poor condition or otherwise underutilized;
(2) demonstrate active use of the fields;
(3) attract matching funding that exceeds the minimum required match of 1:1;
(4) involve local partnerships with non-profit community partners (i.e. Parks and Recreational Departments, YMCA branches) to promote youth and community programming on the fields; and
(5) provide for continuing maintenance and field safety. As noted above, grants are given only for capital expenditures.
Applicants may request a maximum of $200,000 from the NFL Grassroots Program to be used for capital improvements.
* Please see "Availability of Funding" for stipulations involved with a $200,000 maximum grant request.
* Proposals are due on August 20, 2005.
* Please read the complete RFP before submitting a proposal.
Read more at: <a href="http://www.lisc.org/whatwedo/programs/nfl/rfp.shtml">http://www.lisc.org/whatwedo/programs/nfl/rfp.shtml</a>
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Play Everywhere Philly Challenge Grant – Jun 30
- 2023 Art Works Grant – Jun 16
- small grants, diversity and inclusiveness projects- Jun 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.