Next Steps AmeriCorps Team Leader for CCP & Temple – immediate start
Posted by PHENND on August 24, 2021
PHENND seeks 2 full-time AmeriCorps members to serve as Next Steps Team Leaders and help support low-income first generation college students who are themselves enrolled as part-time AmeriCorps members. Team Leaders are an integral part of the Next Steps AmeriCorps program.
The Next Steps AmeriCorps is designed as a college retention initiate for rising sophomores and juniors who are Pell-eligible graduates of high poverty school districts. The Next Steps AmeriCorps program engages college students in community service, mentoring, supportive workshops and leadership development. Participants known as Corps members, complete 300 hours of community service in the course of one year. Corps are placed with community service placements and also mentor one incoming first-year student as part of their service. Team Leaders will be an integral part of the Next Steps AmeriCorps program and will be placed either at Community College of Philadelphia or Temple University.
Next Steps Teams Leaders commit to a full-time year of service (1700 hours) for a living stipend of $16,750 per year. AmeriCorps members are provided health coverage if needed, and loan forbearance for any current federal student loans. Upon completion of the full year, they also receive an AmeriCorps Education Award of approximately $6,345 that can be used to pay for future educational expenses and/or pay off federal student loans. SEPTA Transpass provided for positions located in Philadelphia and mileage reimbursement for non-commuting work-related travel for positions located outside Philadelphia.
• Feb 23-May 30 – Online applications accepted on a rolling basis
• Mar 1-May 31 – First round telephone interviews completed
• Mar 15-May 31– Second round interviews and campus matching meeting
• June 1 – Candidates notified
• June 30 – Candidate commitment expected
• August 20, 2021 – AmeriCorps term start date Rolling admissions for final two positions
• August 19, 2022 – Service year ends
We are still in the final stages of rolling recruitment for the 21-22 program year. We are looking to fill two more positions to start as soon as possible.
Learn more and apply here: https://forms.gle/GjX8KzkrUb6DovRT9
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- PHENND Fellows Virtual Information Session – Feb 21
- PHENND Fellows Virtual Information Session – Jan 10
- Meeting the Moment: University-School Partnerships to Address Pandemic Challenges – Jan 24
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.