Newspapers in Education
Posted by Philly.com on October 06, 2014
The Newspapers in Education program puts newspapers and educational resources in the hands of students and educator’s and creates connections between education and the real world. Explore our website to find information about the program, valuable resources and ways that you can be involved.
We take pride in offering the newspaper for you to use in the classroom with your students, and invite you to take advantage of these resources. Our NIE Department carefully incorporates school oriented material according to state standards to make sure your students have accurate and current information. These lesson plans and materials allow students to have fun while engaging them in hands-on learning.
Using Newspapers In Education Helps:
- Sharpens critical thinking
- Increases interest and motivation by providing relevant study materials
- Prepares students for active citizenship in their democracy
- Involves schools in the lives of the surrounding communities
- Provides an alternative means to text books
- Increases scores on standardized tests
More in "New Resources"
- New E-Books Added To POWER Library For Pennsylvanians
- The 2022 CHIPS and Science Act’s Impact on STEM in PA and Beyond
- Office of LGBT Affairs: 2022 Year in Review
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.