New Reports: Digital Divide
Posted by on July 12, 2002
[George Lucas Educational Foundation Newsblast]
New Research Summary: Reports on the Digital Divide
Four recent reports explore the nation’s successes in bridging the Digital Divide as well as the challenges in determining next steps.
* Connecting Kids to Technology: Challenges and Opportunities
The Annie E. Casey Foundation has released the June 2002 Snapshot from its KidsCount project, which examines the demographics of the Digital Divide, discusses some implications of current trends, and highlights some of the efforts to level the playing field for all children. The report is co-authored by the Annie E. Casey Foundation and the Benton Foundation.
* Public Library Internet Services and the Digital Divide
This 2002 report by the School of Information Studies at Florida State University investigates the impact on the Digital Divide of federal funding and the introduction of the Internet into public libraries.
More in "New Resources"
- Field Center for Children’s Policy, Practice & Research Has Launched Their New Website
- ECMC Foundation 2022 Annual Report
- Missed out on LIHWAP? You can still get help through PAHAF
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.