New Report: Purposeful Progress, Strada Education Network 2018-2020
Posted by Strada Education Network on December 22, 2020
trada Education Network’s mission is to improve lives by forging clearer and more purposeful pathways between education and employment. It’s an ambitious goal for a young organization, but we’ve made considerable progress in the last few years. And that progress is largely due to our network of like-minded supporters, like you, working with us to find solutions.
That collaboration and partnership has spurred many of Strada’s early successes, as you can see in our recently released impact report, “Purposeful Progress.” We’ve constructed a network of organizations that together can approach the challenges of postsecondary education from a variety of perspectives. But we also collaborate with a network of individuals and organizations invested in solving society’s biggest problems. Together, we’ve accomplished a significant amount just in the last three years:
- 1.2 million students have been reached directly and indirectly through Strada’s network of affiliates at nearly 1,000 higher education institutions.
- $51.8 million in philanthropic grants have been managed through 61 strategic partnerships active from 2018 to 2020, supporting nonprofit and state efforts to promote student success and driving important changes in education and training programs.
- 350,000-plus individuals surveyed to create the nation’s largest dataset of education consumer perspectives, which will be made available to researchers by Strada Center for Education Consumer Insights.
- Nearly 60 leaders in education, philanthropy, and the workforce are participating in a national Impact Coalition we’ve convened to collaborate on solutions and define a path forward through the COVID-19 crisis.
- $7.4 million has been provided to states through the National Governors Association and Education Commission of the States, plus direct investments in Indiana and Rhode Island.
You can read more about those achievements in the report and join us as we pursue the work still ahead. This work will require strong ties within our network and with partners like you to uncover and implement the innovative solutions that will improve our education-workforce system.
More in "New Resources"
- New Report Finds Mortgage Lending Disparities Across Greater Philadelphia
- Juneteenth Resources, National Constitution Center
- New Report: In It Together, Community-Based Research Guidelines for Communities and Higher Ed
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.