New Papers: Writing to Be Heard: Papers from Youth about Schooling
Posted by on August 10, 2009
[posted from Comm-Org list]
Hi COMM-ORG. I have finally finished the 2008 Papers collection at http://comm-org.wisc.edu/comm-org/page.php?7. I will now get started with the 2009 papers. Along with my schedule, which is always a problem, is the increasing difficulty of creating clean html from Microsoft documents. So I apologize for the delays.
The final 2008 papers are:
1. Eva Gold, Kristine Lewis, Gretchen Suess, Cheryl Jones-Walker, and Sonia Rosen, Writing to be Heard. This is a collection of three papers by youth researchers doing school organizing, which includes:
-William Crosby, Antonia George, Ashley Hatch, Rahdia Robinson, & Terrese Thomas, Building Respectful Communities: Kensington Students Examine Adult-Student Relationships in their New Small Schools
-Rasheeda Enoch and Gerardo Zuviri, What Olney Teachers say about their Students and School
-Tiffany Fogle and Lawrence Jones, Parents Speak Up and Out about Parents’ Participation in Urban Public High Schools
2. Justin Whelan, Advocacy Evaluation: Review and Opportunities
Thanks, as always, to these authors for their contributions.
More in "New Resources"
- New Book: Reframing Community Engagement in Higher Education
- Access to free COVID vaccine for uninsured and underinsured Philadelphians
- Poverty Fueled Pandemic Impact on Schools’ Chronic Absenteeism
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.