NEW Opportunity to Join the #RealCollege Movement – May 14
Posted by The Hope Center on April 20, 2021
Over the last six years, The Hope Center has constructed an uncommonly rich survey database capturing the lives and experiences of more than a half million #RealCollege students. With the new #RealCollege Research Collaborative, we hope to share our rich database and provide exclusive research opportunities to #RealCollege scholars.
Members of the #RealCollege Research Collaborative will have the unique ability to access the #RealCollege survey database to address questions about students’ basic needs. They will work closely with The Hope Center team and other members of the Collaborative to advance their conceptual and technical work, and share findings with diverse audiences.
There is no participation fee for membership in the #RealCollege Research Collaborative. This opportunity is provided through the generous funding of the Spencer Foundation. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Access to multiple years of #RealCollege survey data
- Opportunities to study underexamined areas of college basic needs insecurity
- Learning sessions taught by basic needs insecurity experts on research, practice and policy
- Technical assistance with research design and data analysis
- Personalized coaching towards publication and dissemination of research products
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We seek applications from early-career scholars with lived #RealCollege experiences, and/or those enrolled or employed at institutions underrepresented in the research field (e.g., broad and open-access and Minority-Serving institutions). Advanced doctoral students, untenured or non-tenure track faculty, and individuals employed outside of academia are welcome to apply.
All applicants must have sufficient quantitative training to analyze large-scale survey data.
Interested participants should be committed to researching #RealCollege issues.
APPLICATIONS DUE: MAY 14, 2021
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- What’s Your Tree Story Photo Challenge – May 15
- Upcoming Communities of Practice – May 20
- Webinar: The Location Advantage: Using Maps to Make Data-Driven Decisions for Your Nonprofit – May 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.