New Book: Women and Leadership Development in College
Posted by Stylus Publishing on October 5, 2021
As leadership educators shift from teacher- to learner-centered environments, from hierarchical to shared responsibility for learning, and from absolute to constructed ways of knowing, a desire for new inclusive and creative pedagogies is also emerging.
This text, Women and Leadership Development in College, A Facilitation Resource, edited by Jennifer M. Pigza, Julie E. Owen and Associates, includes over 40 easy-to-follow modules related to women and leadership development crafted by experienced leadership educators and practitioners. Each module includes includes learning objectives, detailed instructions, and ideas for adapting the module to diverse learning spaces and audiences. Here are but a few of the critical questions that are addressed in the modules:
- How do we make explicit the complexities of power in leadership and in the stories we tell ourselves about feminism and gender in leadership?
- How can we interrogate and deconstruct dominant narratives and invite intersectionality?Whose voices are missing or silenced in content and process?
- What practices build leadership efficacy and habits of critical self-reflection?
- What are the effects of stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination in leadership?
- How are learning and leadership both individual and collective processes?
- How do we develop critical consciousness and maintain hope in the face of the long arc of structural change?
This text is a detailed resource for anyone interested in women and leadership education, whether through a full-length course, a weekend workshop, or a one-time topical session. It also serves as a companion to the book We are the Leaders We’ve Been Waiting For: Women and Leadership Development in College (Owen, 2020).
Use code WLD20 to get 20% off this title, plus Free Standard Shipping.
More in "New Resources"
- New Article: Has the Pandemic Changed Anti-Hunger Policy Forever?
- The Fluidity of Identity and Boundaries: A Hispanic and Latinx Heritage Month Reading List
- Coalition Against Hunger 2020-2021 Annual Report
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.