New Blog: Jobs with Justice
Posted by on August 10, 2009
Our new blog is live at http://www.jwjblog.org!
At Jobs with Justice, our goal is to build a strong, progressive labor movement that works in coalition with community, faith, and student organizations to build a broader global movement for economic and social justice.
With our new blog, we expect to advance that goal by providing a space for Jobs with Justice staff, leaders, and allies who are building the movement for workers’ rights and economic justice to write about and discuss the campaigns and issues we are working on locally, nationally, and globally. We hope this blog creates space to explore new ideas and strategies for JwJ.
What kinds of articles can you expect to see on the JwJ Blog?
1. Stories about campaigns that build power for working people, including stories about local union organizing campaigns, efforts to win labor law reform, economic recovery, health care, immigrant rights, global justice, and more.
2. Articles about how we are building a grassroots network of sustainable, strategic, and powerful coalitions.
3. Descriptions of the leaders and activists who are leading our fights, including students, young workers, and Workers’ Rights Board members.
4. Writing about the new strategic alliances we are developing in order to build power for working people.
We hope that our blog will be a source of information for activists across the country. We are building a movement – join us!
More in "New Resources"
- New Book: Reframing Community Engagement in Higher Education
- Access to free COVID vaccine for uninsured and underinsured Philadelphians
- Poverty Fueled Pandemic Impact on Schools’ Chronic Absenteeism
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.