New American Dream: Town Halls on Disrupting Systemic Racism – Apr 28 – May 26
Posted by Brennan Center for Justice on April 27, 2021
New American Dream: Five Weeks of Virtual Town Halls On Disrupting Systemic Racism and Envisioning the Nation Beyond It
This series of virtual forums will gather thought leaders from across the country to discuss the impact of white supremacy and state-backed racism on America today. Examining systemic racism in relation to voting rights, artificial intelligence and genetic data, journalism, antiracism, and cultural narrative, the events will focus on strategies and solidarity, with an understanding of history and eyes toward the future.
Dates (all sessions 5:00-6:30 PM):
- Week 1: April 28 – DEMOCRACY THAT DOESN’T FLINCH: Inside Campaigns to Build and Diversify Political Power
- Week 2: May 5 – REVOLUTIONARY DESIGN: Conceiving a Future Forged With Antiracist Technology
- Week 3: May 12 – NEWS THAT NEEDS TELLING: Journalism That Examines Injustice and Explores Black Power
- Week 4; May 19 – TURNED AGAINST THE TIDE: Heeding the Call of White Antiracism
- Week 5: May 26 – BRAVER THAN THE ONE BEFORE IT: In Search of the New American Dream
More in "Miscellaneous"
- School Museums of Service and Service-Learning Visioning Session – Feb 16
- Youth Development Workforce Survey
- Philadelphia Cable Television Survey
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.