Neighborhood Excellence Initiative
Posted by on April 15, 2005
[posted from RFP Bulletin]
Bank of America Commences Second Year of Neighborhood Excellence Initiative
Deadline: June 30, 2005
Bank of America Charitable Investments has commenced the second year of its Neighborhood Excellence Initiative, designating an additional $17 million to recognize, nurture, and reward organizations, local heroes, and student leaders helping to rebuild and revitalize their communities in thirty-eight of the bank’s major markets across the United States.
Working with community partners, Bank of America developed the Neighborhood Excellence Initiative to provide the participating markets with support through three distinct programs:
1) Neighborhood Builders: $200,000 in grant funding and leadership training over the course of two years to two local nonprofit organizations working to promote vibrant neighborhoods. The combination of operating support and leadership training is designed to help strengthen the capacity and infrastructure of the selected organizations and promote the professional development of their leaders.
2) Local Heroes: Recognition of five community heroes whose achievements and leadership on local issues contributes significantly to neighborhood vitality. Recipients will direct a $5,000 contribution to an eligible nonprofit of their choice and will be honored at a public ceremony.
3) Student Leaders: Development of five high school students in their junior or senior years who are exemplary young people with an interest in improving their neighborhoods. To further their personal and educational growth, each student will participate in an eight-week paid summer internship with a community-based organization, as well as a mentorship program arranged by Bank of America.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as early as possible. Program guidelines, application and nomination materials, and the list of participating communities are available at the Bank of America Web site.
RFP Link: <a href="http://fconline.fdncenter.org/pnd/1246/BoA">http://fconline.fdncenter.org/pnd/1246/BoA</a>
For additional RFPs in Community Improvement/Development, visit: <a href="http://fdncenter.org/pnd/rfp/cat_community.jhtml">http://fdncenter.org/pnd/rfp/cat_community.jhtml</a>
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- AmeriCorps National Days of Service Grant Competition to Engage Volunteers – May 16
- Strengthening Black Women Entrepreneurship in Retail: Pilot Design Lab – Apr 30
- Yield Giving Open Call for Nonprofits – May 5
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.