Needed: Internships for Parkway Center City Middle College Juniors – May 11-June 11
Posted by Parkway Center City Middle College on March 3, 2020
To ensure that our students are not only college ready, but also career ready, Parkway Center City Middle College is looking to partner with local businesses and organizations to provide internships and work experiences in May 2020.
- PCCMC is the only school in Philadelphia with a middle college model.
- Students graduate with an Associate’s degree from CCP and a HS Diploma.
- Students will earn a total of 61 college credits before they graduate.
In order to prepare PCCMC’s high performing students for the real world, we are coupling our middle college model with professional experiences through internships.
Internships will provide students with the following:
- Show relevance between academic courses and workplace requirements.
- Provide a platform for advice, direction and guidance from experienced professionals.
- Build leadership skills, a positive selfimage and self-confidence.
- Create an avenue for possible part-time or full-time employment in the future.
When will the internships take place?
- The internships will last from May 11 to June 11
- Ideally, the industry partner will be able to provide work place experience during the entire duration of this time, but internships for a shorter time period will be considered.
Questions? Contact Brea Smith, Career Experience Coordinator, at email@example.com or 856-641-5792.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Call for Volunteers: Katie’s Cupboard
- Seeking Donations and Volunteers: Health and Education Day, Taborfest – Aug 27
- Applications Open for Digital Literacy Mentors, Write Away – Aug 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.