National Service Challenge Career Development Consultant, AmeriCorps – Feb 10
Posted by PowerCorpsPHL on February 1, 2022
PennSERVE, PowerCorpsPHL and the City of Philadelphia’s Community Resource AmeriCorps program seek a Career Development Consultant to develop a workforce and career development strategy to be used across the two AmeriCorps programs.
The Career Development Consultant will work collaboratively with the programs’ career development staff to improve upon processes and establish plans for a comprehensive and effective post-service support strategy for all members. This strategy should embrace the diverse perspectives, skills, experiences and aspirations for future plans that members will bring to this space. Our programs strive to create a structure that is tailored to the needs and goals of the individual with a deep commitment to equity. The work of this consultant will be focused on creating plans and curriculum transition to career track employment, post-secondary education or pre-established post-service goals as developed by the individual AmeriCorps members.
Activities and deliverables:
- Develop implementation plans to meet the goals of the pilot. Agree on communications standards and expectations with PennSERVE, Community Resource Corps, and PowerCorpsPHL
- Serve as a workforce development coach to provide in-service and next steps advising to AmeriCorps members
- Create a career development strategy that includes: A goal setting tool for AmeriCorps members to determine their career/post-service goals; Plans and curriculum that apply to a diverse set of members with various career/postservice goals and experience; Resources and plans to connect diverse members with diverse goals, needs and expectations to post-service opportunities; A post service assessment tool to determine whether the goals of the member were met; Strategy for long-term implementation by current program staff
- Coordinate with, and obtain information from, the consultants in this initiative, PennSERVE staff, and staff and AmeriCorps members of PennSERVE subgrantees/AmeriCorps programs to capture successes, challenges, lessons learned, and recommendations. This may include design and dissemination of surveys, interviews, and/or site visits.
- Write a final report to include actions taken, impact data, and recommendations.
Application deadline: February 10, 2022
- Assistant Group Supervisor Aide Seasonal Summer 2022 (Full-Time Temporary)
- Gaudenzia Job Fair, Wilmington, DE – Jun 2
- Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling Program Coordinator – Jun 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.