National PTA Family and Community Engagement Training
Posted by on April 29, 2013
We are writing to invite you to participate in a two‐day “Train the Trainer” workshop brought to you by the PTA Urban Family Engagement Network and the Office of Family and Community Engagement of the School District of Philadelphia. The trainings will be held on Friday, May 10, 2013 from 12:00pm to 5:00pm and Saturday, May 11, 2013 from 9:00am to 2:00pm at Benjamin Franklin High School located at 550 N. Broad Street.
For over 20 years, the National PTA Family and Community Engagement Curriculum have strengthened the parent/caregiver voice in supporting student success by providing the tools and opportunities to build leadership skills. This two‐day workshop is open to parents, community members, leaders, and advocates.
Attendees will receive training from a national board certified trainer on these empowering sessions:
- Parents Rights and Responsibilities;
- Building Successful Relationships that Support Student Success;
- Understanding the Structure and Function of a School Site and School District;
- Strategies to Become an Effective and Responsible Leader;
- Common Core State Standards
To register for the trainings, please complete the attached application or feel free to contact the Office of Family and Community Engagement at (215)400‐4180 for more information.
We hope that you take advantage of these free sessions.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Criminal Record Clearing Workshop – Mar 8
- Free Virtual Training: Building Youth Power in Mentoring – Mar 19
- One Book, One Philadelphia 2024: True Biz
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.