National College Access Network Annual Conference
Posted by National College Access Network on May 14, 2018
Join us in Pittsburgh for the 2018 NCAN National Conference
Monday, September 24, 2018 – Wednesday, September 26, 2018
It’s that time of year again – we are pleased to announce the launch of registration for the NCAN national conference, Building Bridges to Success!
We hope you will join us in Pittsburgh, PA – the City of Bridges – to network with and learn from more than 1,000 of your colleagues in the higher education, nonprofit, K-12, policy, and philanthropic communities. This year’s sessions will offer opportunities for professional development and best-practice sharing to help you increase the post-secondary enrollment and success of first-generation, low-income and minority students.
Confirmed plenary speakers and events include:
- Dr. Mildred Garcia, President and Chief Executive Officer at the American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Dr. A. Wayne Johnson, Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer at Federal Student Aid
- Plenary panel addressing the transformation of Pittsburgh’s economy from steel and mining to “eds & meds” and tech, all fueled by post-secondary education
We’ll also have pre-conference sessions on Sunday, Sept. 23 – be on the lookout for forthcoming information on these training opportunities!
The conference will take place at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, where the rate is just $169 per night. We encourage you to reserve your room as soon as you are able.
Conference registration rates have not increased from last year: NCAN members pay $625 through Aug. 31 or $725 starting on Sept. 1; the non-member rate is $725 through Aug. 31 or $825 starting on Sept. 1. Register now! Non-members who would like to take advantage of the discounted registration rate should consider joining NCAN for this and other member benefits. Come join us to learn and share strategies for helping more students succeed in post-secondary education by day, and enjoy Pittsburgh’s dining and night-life scene in the evening. We look forward to seeing everyone there in September!
- Continuums of Service Conference – Mar 14-17
- PA College Admissions Counseling Annual Conf Call for Proposals – Feb 17
- Conference on Diversity, Equity, and Student Success: Can We Handle Truth? – Mar 9-11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.