National Awards Programs
Posted by Keep America Beautiful on September 11, 2017
Keep America Beautiful Accepting Applications for National Awards Programs
Keep America Beautiful inspires and educates people to take action every day to improve and beautify their community environments. Established in 1953, the organization strives to end littering, improve recycling, and beautify America’s communities. KAB believes everyone has a right to live in a clean, green, and beautiful community and shares a responsibility to contribute to that vision.
To that end, the organization is accepting applications for its National Awards program, which recognizes the organization’s network of community-based affiliates; corporate, nonprofit, and government agency partners; and individual volunteers who are championing environmentally healthy, socially connected, and economically sound communities.
The following Keep America Beautiful National Awards are open to the public:
1) Lady Bird Award: Given to an outstanding female volunteer for exceptional leadership with at least ten years of experience in helping her local community.
2) Iron Eyes Cody Award: Honors an outstanding male volunteer for exceptional leadership with at least ten years of experience in helping his local community.
3) Carolyn Crayton Award: Recognizes an individual board member or board member company (or organization) of a local Keep America Beautiful affiliate for long-standing service to that affiliate.
4) Young Professional Award: Honors an outstanding volunteer under the age of 40 who demonstrates exceptional leadership in helping his or her community.
5) Community Improvement Recognition Awards: Offered in up to four categories (litter prevention; beautification/greening; recycling/waste reduction; overall community improvement) to businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies.
6) Youth & Education Recognition Awards: Recognizes outstanding youth, schools, and educators.
7) Law Enforcement Recognition Awards: Recognizes law-enforcement professionals who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to community service in their approach to the enforcement of environmental laws and regulations.
8) Keep America Beautiful Program Awards: Honors a Keep America Beautiful affiliate, business, nonprofit, or government agency for Keep America Beautiful program activations (Great American Cleanup, America Recycles Day, or Cigarette Litter Prevention Program) that have taken place in the last twelve months.
The following awards are open exclusively to Keep America Beautiful affiliates: Affiliate Awards; Affiliate Innovation Awards; State Affiliate Innovation Awards; the Sue Smith Professional Leadership Award; the William (Bill) Nash Award; and the Keep America Beautiful State Agency Partnership Award.
All programs and projects submitted for consideration must have taken place within the past twelve months.
Award winners will be recognized at Keep America Beautiful’s 65th anniversary national conference, January 17-19, 2018, in Dallas.
See the Keep America Beautiful website for complete program guidelines, information about previous award recipients, and application instructions.
Deadline: October 1, 2017
More in "Miscellaneous"
- New opportunity: Celebrating Public Service on Campus
- RFI: Using City Assets to Advance Digital Equity – Sep 30
- The Inclusive STEM Teaching Project Course – Oct 3
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.