Multimedia Marketing and Documentation Intern, Norris Square Neighborhood Project
Posted by Norris Square Neighborhood Project on August 3, 2015
Norris Square Neighborhood Project (NSNP)’s mission is to promote positive change through youth education, community leadership, green spaces, the arts and the celebration of Latino culture. NSNP is committed to the cultivation and preservation of Puerto Rican and other Latino cultures. We are proud and honored to work in a bilingual Spanish/English community.
Norris Square Neighborhood Project has 6 beautiful gardens in the heart of Kensington created by Grupo Motivos and serves 70 youth a year through multimedia arts, Latino culture, and garden programming. This is an invaluable opportunity to improve your Spanish while enjoying the beauty of our gardens and deepening your connection to our community while learning about the importance of social media and grassroots marketing.
The Multimedia Marketing and Documentation Intern is a critically important member of our team and will help document NSNP programming and events during the internship period. The position will support the Donor Relations and Communications Coordinator by documenting NSNP programming and events.
Time commitment is flexible: 10-20 hours per week is desired starting in September.
What You Will Learn:
- Social Media Marketing Skills
- Relationship building within a diverse community
- How to create and workshop photography and video projects for a client in a supportive learning environment
- Experience shooting and editing photographs utilizing Adobe CS5
- Experience shooting and editing video
- Spanish is a plus
- Commitment, positive attitude, good sense of humor helps!
- Interest in arts and culture and/or urban gardening
- Filming and photographing NSNP programs, events, and activities on a weekly basis
- Production of short 30 second – 1 minute segments about organizational activities on a monthly basis for use on social media
- Carry out other marketing communications-related tasks, as assigned.
- This internship is unpaid and available for college credit.
If you are interested in working with us alongside our talented staff and amazing community, please email a resume and cover letter outlining your interests, any specific learning objectives you might have, and details about your availability at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Multimedia Marketing and Documentation Internship”
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Call for Volunteers: Katie’s Cupboard
- Seeking Donations and Volunteers: Health and Education Day, Taborfest – Aug 27
- Applications Open for Digital Literacy Mentors, Write Away – Aug 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.