Monthly Sandbox Gathering: Police Brutality
Posted by Sandbox Collective on January 5, 2015
You’re invited to the Monthly Sandbox Gathering. This month we invite you to come share your thoughts, feelings, concerns, and resources regarding recent events in Ferguson, MO (Mike Brown), Staten Island, NY (Eric Garner), Cleveland, OH (Tamir Rice). We invite you to an open discussion and opportunity to reflect on how these topics are affecting you, your programs, the youth and communities you work with. We don’t have any answers here, we aspire to host a space for youth development professionals, program staff and youth advocates to talk about and share resources on topics like this that inform our work.
(Note the time will be from 8:30-10:30 this month to allow enough time for deep discussion.)
The Goals of The Sandbox Collective: To create a forum for networking, resource sharing and collaboration for adults who: work with, on behalf of, and advocate for youth in Philadelphia.
You should join us if these guiding principles resonate with you:
- You use a strengths-based approach to work with youth, families & communities;
- You have an interest in collaborating with adults who work with, for, and/or on behalf of youth;
- You look at your work as a juicy extension of your purpose;
- A part of you wants to create from outside of the ‘systems’;
- You think that work and play can co-exist;
- You are seeking thought/test partners who share similar values abut their approach to working with youth, families, & communities.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Fall Regional College Fairs, PACAC
- Higher Education Reception: Engaging with Academic Leaders – Sep 28
- Motivos Self-Discovery Edition Launch and Side Hustle 101 Closing Celebration – Aug 25
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.