Monthly Sandbox Gathering: Passionate Conversation
Posted by Sandbox Collective on January 26, 2015
You’re invited to the Monthly Sandbox Gathering. We are excited to host our 2nd annual “Passionate Conversation” in February and to pick up where we left of in January’s gathering talking about issues of #BlackLivesMatter and to host an open discussion and opportunity to reflect on how topics like this and others that you are passionate about affect you, your programs, the youth and communities you work with. We don’t have the answers here; instead, we aspire to host a space for youth development professionals, program staff and youth advocates to talk about, reflect upon and share resources on topics like this, which inform our work.
Please feel free to bring examples of resources (poems, curriculum, songs, etc.) related to this discussion.
Thursday, February 12, 2015 from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM
1800 N. Howard St
Philadelphia, PA 19122
The Goals of The Sandbox Collective: To create an alternative to traditional professional development experiences and to host a forum for networking, resource sharing and collaboration for adults who: work with, on behalf of, and advocate for youth in Philadelphia.
You should join us if these guiding principles resonate with you:
- You use a strengths-based approach to work with youth, families & communities;
- You have an interest in collaborating with adults who work with, for, and/or on behalf of youth;
- You look at your work as a juicy extension of your purpose;
- A part of you wants to create from outside of the ‘systems’;
- You think that work and play can co-exist;
- You are seeking thought/test partners who share similar values abut their approach to working with youth, families, & communities.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- PA STEM Coalition Meeting: Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability Panel Discussion – Nov 4
- Collaborating Across the Aisle: Supporting Students As They Transition from High School to College Classroom – Nov 19
- Lunch & Learn on Equity in Our Community – Nov 18
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.