Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning (MJCSL) is seeking Editor-in-Chief
The Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning (MJCSL) is seeking our next Editor-in-Chief.
Since 1994, the MJCSL has been a leading voice in the field of community engagement. The MJCSL publishes research, theory, pedagogy, and other matters related to academic service-learning, campus-community partnerships, civic engagement, and engaged/public scholarship in higher education. We currently publish two types of writing: Full-length research articles (double-blind peer reviewed) and Book Reviews (editor reviewed). The Journal is published by The Edward Ginsberg Center at the University of Michigan.
We are seeking a collaborative, community-engaged scholar to lead the journal and oversee production of two issues a year. Responsibilities include:
- Lead, in collaboration with the MJCSL editorial team, the day-to-day operations of the journal including managing proposals, submissions, manuscripts, review process and synthesis, budgeting, and production
- Develop and oversee processes and structures for authors, peer reviewers, editors, aligned with best practices and benchmarking with other journals
- Manage communication with authors, peer reviewers, special section editors, editorial board, and others involved with the journal, including addressing issues and resolving grievances.
- Oversee the processes for peer review, including identifying and recruiting potential reviewers
- Supervise the Editorial Assistant who assists with communications, reviews and marketing the journal through social media and newsletters.
- Meet biweekly with the Editorial team to ensure that decisions are made by group consensus.
- Coordinate with the book review editor to integrate book reviews into each journal issue
- Commission special issues or sections, calls for proposals, book reviews, and highlights of new trends in community-engaged scholarship
- Oversee potential strategic initiatives such as portfolio products, journal blog, peer reviewer training, etc.
- Oversee the editorial board, in partnership with the Center Director, to gather input from board members, help set strategic direction and priorities for the journal, and recruit new members.
- Represent the MJCSL at select events such as conferences and editor panels, in consultation with the Editorial team.
This 2-year position can be fully remote, and is renewable upon mutual agreement.
- This position reports to the Ginsberg Center Director
- Compensation is $5000 per issue.
If interested, please send a cover letter and CV to Neeraja Aravamudan at email@example.com.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: What matters most for student success from parents’ and educators’ perspectives – Oct 6
- Award for Computing Educators and Advocates – Oct 20
- Applications Open: Aspirations in Computing Award (AiC) – Oct 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.