Membership/Communications Intern, Sustainable Business Network
Posted by Sustainable Business Network on October 3, 2016
Expected Commitment: 20 hours per week
Term: Four months (September through December)
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Wendy Metzgar, Member Services Manager
Description: The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia is seeking an intern to support its Membership Team. The duties of the position will focus primarily within the communications function.
- Interview and photograph SBN members to create a database of stories, testimonials, and pictures that can be repurposed in various communication outlets, including for a potential Instagram campaign
- Generate content for SBN’s social media outlets on a daily basis
- Compile social media and SEO statistics
- Suggest and draft member spotlights and other content for the members-only newsletter
- Update the organization’s website and online directory upon request; review the website and suggest improvements
- Assist with data entry and data cleanup; other database projects as assigned
Skills you will learn/enhance:
- Generating and editing content for a variety of platforms, with an emphasis on using social media to attract, engage, and retain members
- Pitching compelling story ideas
- Interviewing, writing/reporting, editing, and proofreading
- How to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
What we require:
- Interest in sustainability and SBN’s mission
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with a variety of individuals
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience with graphic design/photo editing
- Organized, motivated, and dependable, with the ability to multitask and work independently
- Willingness/ability to travel within the Greater Philadelphia region to meet members, attend events, and capture stories and photos
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample (no more than 2 pages) to Wendy Metzgar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Call for Volunteers: Katie’s Cupboard
- Seeking Donations and Volunteers: Health and Education Day, Taborfest – Aug 27
- Applications Open for Digital Literacy Mentors, Write Away – Aug 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.