Membership and Communications Intern, Sustainable Business Network
Posted August 1, 2017
Job Title: Membership/Communications Intern
Expected Commitment: Part time (flexible)
Term: Three months (September-December)
Start date: September 4, 2017
Reports to: Senior Associate, Communications
Description: The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia is seeking an intern to support its Membership Team. The duties of the position will focus primarily within the communications function.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Interview and photograph SBN members to create a database of stories, testimonials, and pictures that can be repurposed in various communication outlets, including for a potential Instagram campaign
• Generate content for SBN’s social media outlets on a daily basis
• Compile social media and SEO statistics
• Suggest and draft member spotlights and other content for the members-only newsletter
• Update the organization’s website and online directory upon request; review the website and suggest improvements
• Assist with data entry and data cleanup; other database projects as assigned
Skills you will learn/enhance:
• Generating and editing content for a variety of platforms, with an emphasis on using social media to attract, engage, and retain members
• Pitching compelling story ideas
• Interviewing, writing/reporting, editing, and proofreading
• How to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Interest in sustainability and SBN’s mission
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with a variety of individuals
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Experience with graphic design/photo editing
• Organized, motivated, and dependable, with the ability to multitask and work independently
• Willingness/ability to travel within the Greater Philadelphia region to meet members, attend events, and capture stories and photos
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample (no more than 2 pages) to Bradford Bucknum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Juvenile Diversion Academic Internship
- Explore STEM Philly-Chester Seeking STEM Volunteers
- College, Career, and Community Fair Partner Registration – Oct 13
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.