Member Services Manager, Philadelphia Chapter, Back on My Feet
Posted by on January 08, 2012
Member Services Manager Philadelphia Chapter
BoMF is a nonprofit organization that promotes the self-sufficiency of homeless populations by engaging them in running as a means to build confidence, strength and self-esteem.
BoMF does not provide food or shelter, but instead provides a community that embraces equality, respect, discipline, teamwork and leadership. The organization consists of much more than just running: our members participate in a comprehensive program that offers connections to job training, employment and housing. Those benefits are earned by maintaining 90 percent attendance at the morning runs three days a week for our six to nine month program.
Back on My Feet has chapters in Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Indianapolis, Atlanta and will be expanding to New York City in April of 2012.
Back on My Feet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
For more information on the organization, please visit: http://www.backonmyfeet.org
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, organized and have a passion for empowering our members to utilize community services to move their lives forward. The Member Services Manager (MSM) is primarily responsible for conducting initial intake of members into, and management of current members in, our Next Steps program. Specifically the MSM will connect members with appropriate services, classes, employment opportunities and housing options relative to established and appropriate goals.
This individual will have the ability to interact with residential members of our program on a daily basis as well as the rest of the BoMF Program team (Program Director and Program Coordinator), as well as the Director of Communications on member profiles. The ability to be organized and pro-actively communicate about tasks and responsibilities is very important. Tasks related to the role include, but are not limited to:
– Conducting monthly intake sessions for residential members who are joining the Next Steps program
– Conducting both group intake sessions and then one-on-one detailed meetings with members to determine goals based from our intake procedure
– In-depth follow-up meetings with our members to connect them with necessary and appropriate services (examples include – GED enrollment, SSI/SSDI benefit navigation)
– Working with community partners around job-placement/training opportunities
– Managing the BoMF Financial Aid program and determining approved uses of funds for residential members
o Tracking this information is critical and demonstrated attention to detail is important
– In-depth metric tracking and reporting of member outcomes in our case management database
– Communication with facility partners regarding case management for all residential members
– Participation and assistance with outreach and new member orientations when needed
– Actively working to meet monthly placement goals related to:
o Job training
o Financial aid utilization
– Maintaining a positive and engaging environment for our members
– Participation in weekly staff meetings and monthly evaluation sessions
Qualifications & Experience Bachelor’s degree required. Management experience a plus. 2-3 years relevant experience in either case management, service utilization or a directly related field Ability to develop a strong understanding of the inner-workings of BoMF, including the relevant finances, programming and staff roles
– High energy, results oriented individual who can effectively manage and motivate members
– Ability to develop relationships based on trust, confidence and respect, while also promoting member accountability
– Willingness to embrace alternative strategies related to traditional case management protocols
– Dynamic personality with strong interpersonal skills to convey mission of the organization while being hands-on and innovative
– Desire to attend night and weekend program events, as well as running regularly with our teams in the morning
– A proactive, assertive and hands-on individual who is self-motivated; requires limited direction
– Unquestionable integrity and highest ethical standards Willingness to operate in a entrepreneurial environment
For qualified candidates, please contact BoMF Program Director, Evan Cantiello at [email protected] and include the following (information without the following will not be considered) Subject line: Philadelphia Member Services Manager Attach your resume and a separate “running resume”, which covers what sport has meant in your life
- Chief Racial Equity Officer, City of Philadelphia
- Engagement Partnerships Consulting Manager, City of Philadelphia
- Education Manager, Al-Bustan
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.