Meeting Planning & Facilitation Train-the-Trainer
Posted by Blue Door Group on September 24, 2018
Fri, November 16, 2018
8:30 AM – 12:30 PM EST
People’s Emergency Center
Powelton Ave. & Lancaster Ave.
We all know the moments that challenge us most during meetings: There are the side conversations; the individual who dominates the conversation; the person who refuses to talk except to say something negative. What do we do as facilitators?
This train-the-trainer-style workshop is for anyone who facilitates meetings of any kind — community meetings and dialogues, board meetings, staff meetings, planning & problem-solving sessions — and for all those who want to plan and facilitate engaging, productive, and meaningful meetings.
New and seasoned leaders and facilitators will come away with innovative approaches to meeting design & implementation, as well as strategies for dealing with “difficult” participants and challenging dynamics in meetings.
- Identify some common dynamics that show themselves in groups
- Consider ways to design & structure a meeting to prevent or reduce the potential for conflict
- Name & practice techniques for addressing challenging behaviors in order to keep a meeting on task and build consensus
Register by Oct. 1 and receive $5 off workshop price by entering code: MeetPlan
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- 2023 DVCEE Educators of Color Career Open House – Mar 9
- Walking the Edge: Art from Our Borders and Boundaries
- DelCo Black History Experience: Walker-Williams Project at Widener University – Feb 23
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.