Media Center Manager, PhillyCAM – Feb 7
Posted by PhillyCAM on January 24, 2023
PhillyCAM provides transformative opportunities for people and communities to express themselves, learn from each other, and produce and share media reflective of the experiences of everyday people. Founded in 2007, PhillyCAM is the non-profit designated by the City of Philadelphia to operate its public access television network.
The Media Center Manager is responsible for coordinating administrative operations supporting all aspects of this vibrant community media center by creating and maintaining a positive work environment, high levels of organizational communication, key-record keeping, and coordination among departments and teams. The Media Center Manager acts as the primary point person for general information about PhillyCAM, helps welcome and orient newcomers to our work, communicates our mission and values, and provides support for members and the general public.
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Anticipated Employment Start Date: March 2023
Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Supports staff with administrative tasks like scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, light correspondence, processing invoices, placing supply orders, and organizing mailings.
- Maintains weekly schedule for all activities and staff calendar.
- Keeps record of daily facility traffic and special event attendance and posts a weekly schedule of activities happening in the facility, and generates monthly activity reports.
- Greets visitors, direct incoming phone calls, and distributes mail and other deliveries.
- Clearly communicates PhillyCAM’s mission and values to the general public and members.
- Facilitates communications with members and the general public via email, social media, flyers, and other platforms.
- Orients, trains, and manages volunteers for special events, PhillyCAM productions, and administrative projects.
- Provides logistic support for events taking place in the PhillyCAM facility.
- Works with staff to keep member, donor, and press databases updated.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.