Meaningful Student Involvement publications
Posted by on May 15, 2004
Meaningful Student Involvement in school change is more than a lofty theory or simple daydream – it is an active, vital reality in the lives of thousands of young people around the world. Everyday students are planning their education, researching their schools, teaching classes, evaluating their learning, making important decisions for the education system, and advocating for stronger, more dynamic schools that validate the lives of young people today.
An exciting series of publications have been created with the intention of painting a vivid picture of Meaningful Student Involvement in schools today. Following is information on the four booklets in the series, available now for free download to students, educators, and adult allies everywhere. This series of publications was written by Adam Fletcher for SoundOut, with support from the HumanLinks Foundation. With these publications, and the accompanying website, http://www.SoundOut.org, educators can begin to engage the students whose lives they want to change by actually engaging them in making the change.
The Four Publications:
The Meaningful Student Involvement Guide to Inclusive School Change
* A far-reaching introduction to Meaningful Student Involvement, including a brief introduction, a description of the benefits to schools, several short stories of action, and useful assessment tools for your classroom or school, including the popular Ladder of Student Involvement. Go to http://www.soundout.org/MSIGuide.pdf to download this Guide.
Stories of Meaningful Student Involvement
* This inspiring collection includes dozens of short reports of Meaningful Student Involvement happening in classrooms and schools around the world. The stories include students as education planners, researchers, teachers, evaluators, decision-makers and advocates. Go to http://www.soundout.org/MSIStories.pdf to download this booklet.
Meaningful Student Involvement Research Guide
* The extensive reviews in this booklet can help advocates a “leg up” in the research race in schools. This booklet give the details of fifteen of the foremost research studies that examine various facets of Meaningful Student Involvement. Go to http://www.soundout.org/MSIResearch.pdf to download this Guide.
Meaningful Student Involvement Resource Guide
* This booklet provides a range of support for Meaningful Student Involvement advocates and practitioners. Included here are a literature review that introduces readers to the wide array of tools available, as well as a comprehensive listing of organizations and websites that support various aspects of Meaningful Student Involvement. Go to http://www.soundout.org/MSIResources.pdf to download this Guide.
FOR MORE INFORMATION on Meaningful Student Involvement, visit http://www.soundout.org today, or email us at email@example.com.
More in "New Resources"
- New Article on Proposed Medicaid Work Requirements
- Million Girls Moonshot: Sharing STEM Assets with State Ecosystems
- New Report: Has the Pandemic Changed What Workers Expect from Jobs?
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.