McMaster Symposium / Collegiate Global Summit
Posted by on March 2, 2009
The McMaster Symposium / Collegiate Global Summit at Defiance College is a forum for students, faculty, and other campus leaders to address critical global issues. This year’s focus is sustainable development. Sustainable communities are those in which current and future economic, environmental, cultural, and sociopolitical needs are in balance. We invite theoretical and research presentations on any aspect of sustainable development, with a special emphasis on faculty/student projects that have benefited a community partner. The Symposium|Global Summit takes place at Defiance College in Defiance, Ohio, April 2–4.
Potential avenues to address the theme could include, but are not limited to:
• How communities can meet the challenges of sustainable development
• How individuals can build sustainable communities
• How communities or individuals balance cultural practices in sustainable ways
• How communities or individuals manage economic and / or environmental resources to assure sustainable development
To submit a proposal, go to http://www.defiance.edu/pages/MS_speakers_symposia.html. Proposals are due March 5.
- 33rd Annual National Service-Learning Conference: Student Showcase Applications – Dec 1
- NEXT Institute: From Classroom to Community, Moving Toward Social Justice – Nov 6
- Closing the Gap between Education and STEM Careers – Oct 28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.