McMaster Symposium / Collegiate Global Summit
Posted by on March 2, 2009
The McMaster Symposium / Collegiate Global Summit at Defiance College is a forum for students, faculty, and other campus leaders to address critical global issues. This year’s focus is sustainable development. Sustainable communities are those in which current and future economic, environmental, cultural, and sociopolitical needs are in balance. We invite theoretical and research presentations on any aspect of sustainable development, with a special emphasis on faculty/student projects that have benefited a community partner. The Symposium|Global Summit takes place at Defiance College in Defiance, Ohio, April 2–4.
Potential avenues to address the theme could include, but are not limited to:
• How communities can meet the challenges of sustainable development
• How individuals can build sustainable communities
• How communities or individuals balance cultural practices in sustainable ways
• How communities or individuals manage economic and / or environmental resources to assure sustainable development
To submit a proposal, go to http://www.defiance.edu/pages/MS_speakers_symposia.html. Proposals are due March 5.
- Ohio Campus Compact Annual Meeting – Aug 5-6
- Best Practices for Youth Development Virtual Conference – Jul 30
- Call for Manuscripts: Metropolitan Universities Journal, Community Engagement at Academic Health Centers – Oct 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.