Marketing Project Manager, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
Posted by on October 21, 2013
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) has been a visionary non-profit organization headquartered in Philadelphia since its founding in 1827 whose mission is to motivate people to improve the quality of life and create a sense of community through horticulture. PHS currently engages a membership of more than 25,000 gardening enthusiasts who enjoy a wide range of benefits and programs. Among its many programs, PHS annually produces the PHS Philadelphia Flower Show, the largest and longest-running flower show in the country, attracting over 270,000 visitors and having more than a $61 million economic impact for the region. It also manages the acclaimed City Harvest program, which has donated more than 200,000 pounds of fresh produce since 2006, and provides healthy food to 1,200 families each week of the growing season. PHS created the widely acclaimed Tree Tender and Garden Tender programs, enlisting a combined force of 6,000 people who have planted over 20,000 trees and established hundreds of gardens in the past two decades. PHS also leads the Plant One Million initiative, an ambitious program to plant a million trees in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. PHS’s design and care of iconic landscapes like the Azalea Garden, grounds of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and Rodin Museum, as well as Columbus Boulevard and Logan Square, has gained it national recognition for horticultural design, care and sustainable practices.
The Project Manager of Marketing will be responsible for managing the development and implementation of marketing plans and promotions for PHS key focus areas including the Philadelphia Flower Show. This position conducts planning, outreach and oversight of PHS’s overall marketing initiatives. Successful candidates will have the ability to develop targeted campaigns and strategic positioning that supports overall organizational goals and, to work across the organization to engage staff and ensure effective communications of marketing initiatives. Critical success factors include the ability to develop and maintain excellent relations with strategic marketing partners.
In addition, the Project Manager of Marketing will focus on the development and engagement of new audiences and increasing existing audiences. This position requires someone who is adept in developing and executing a multi-channel marketing strategy that includes but is not limited to event promotions, digital media, paid media, e-communications, and database marketing.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Marketing
PHS Philadelphia Flower Show
• Develops work plans that support the overall marketing goals
• Identifies and recruits strategic partners that will support increased ticket sales and revenue from the Show
• Works with key staff to implement all aspects of work plan
• Develops and executes marketing promotions to increase effectiveness of PHS smart-phone application
• Manages marketing timeline
• Conducts research to evaluate progress based on established metrics
• Provides progress reports and recommendations as required
• Leverages strategic partnerships to increase engagement with audiences in target markets
• Develops and executes promotions at special events
• Oversees implementation of multi-channel marketing strategy to increase response rates from target audiences
• Builds and manages relationships with third party vendors and service providers
• Works with Senior Director of Marketing to develop advertising plans that support organizational goals
• Oversees communications with media buyer and timely placement of media
• Works in collaboration with Sr. Director of Marketing to cultivate strategic partnerships that allow PHS to broker more value for ad dollars spent.
• Works with Communications, Marketing and Creative teams to develop campaigns that elevate PHS brand and effectively engage key audiences
• Tracks effectiveness of advertising program
Owned Media – Sales
• Secures revenue from advertising sales of PHS owned assets – web, print, and mobile application- based on annual budgeted goals.
Other Projects as assigned
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION
• Ability to plan and leverage PHS owned and paid media assets
• Working knowledge of local and regional print, digital and broadcast media
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Sales acumen
• Budget planning experience
• Reports and Presentations
• Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related field. Minimum 5 years at Management level
• Self Motivated
• Excellent analytical, creative, and organizational skills
• Ability to maintain excellent relations with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent follow-through
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and shift priorities frequently
• Ability to think strategically
Please send cover letter and resume to:
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
c/o Human Resources
100 N 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
FAX: (215) 988-8810
To learn more about us, visit http://www.phsonline.org
Please no telephone or walk-in inquires. EOE. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
More in "Job Opportunities/AmeriCorps Opportunities"
- Manager, Dow Corporate Volunteer Program, LaSalle Nonprofit Center – Jul 24
- Communications Director, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Jun 26
- Adult Learning Lead Instructor, Project HOME
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.