Marketing & Communications Coordinator, Common Market
Posted by Common Market on October 24, 2016
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
The Common Market connects communities by delivering local food for the common good. We are a mission-driven distributor of local products. Our mission is to strengthen small and family-owned farms while simultaneously improving food access and public health for our most vulnerable communities. We are a nonprofit based in Philadelphia, now expanding to our second affiliate location in Atlanta, GA.
The Common Market seeks a qualified marketing professional to help us engage our multi-faceted audience and build upon our national reputation as a good food social enterprise. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for developing and executing strategies for the national umbrella organization and affiliates. In addition, the Coordinator will develop communications strategies and implement projects for current and forthcoming affiliate locations in collaboration with management.
- Work with contract designer to develop campaigns to engage current partners and develop new relationships with wholesale customers, farm share members, farm share sites, and funders
- Strategize and implement marketing campaigns with multiple departments to broaden our reach
- Develop wholesale customer recognition system and associated collateral materials to help our customers tell the story behind the food
- Write/edit press releases as needed and support event planning
- Act as a point of contact for all media inquiries
- Work with our farm share team to establish a superior customer experience during recruitment and registration process, and throughout the program including creating incentives for participation, developing a feedback mechanism, awards for long-standing members, etc.
- Develop communications strategy around the benefits of a CSA as a workplace wellness initiative
- Develop communications strategy to involve corporate foundations to promote participation in The Common Market Farm Share while simultaneously improving food access to vulnerable communities
- Track The Common Market in the press and update website as needed with relevant coverage
- Manage, organize and update print and digital materials and ensure consistency in message and design for external communications
This is a new position in our national umbrella organization. A successful candidate will be a dynamic, creative thinker who brings ideas beyond these projects on how to grow our customer base and engage our audience.
- Educational background or equivalent work experience in marketing/brand strategy and project management.
- Interest in/understanding of sustainability, food systems, and/or social enterprise work is a plus.
- Superior communications skills and an ability to comprehend the nuances of our customers’ needs and our messaging.
- Candidates should be extremely organized and able to interface with multiple stakeholders both within our growing organization and through external communications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
- Successful candidates should demonstrate a track record of growing constituency engagement, as well as a creative approach to sharing our mission, vision, and values.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car strongly preferred.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter
- Salary commensurate with experience
- $300 per month health care stipend.
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Free Common Market Farm Share membership including a box of produce and eggs every other week throughout program season
- Opportunity to participate in the Federal Student Aid Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program (see http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/charts/public-service for additional information
Common Market is committed to professional development and training. Employee will have opportunities to develop skills and capacities related to performing his or her job functions (sample list):
- Build workplace skills by participating in training in topics such as: advanced Excel, salesforce, finance & accounting, communications and negotiations
- Visit other food hubs and learn from their best practices
- Attend conferences related to food systems, marketing, PR
- Administrative Assistant (Full-Time), Bridge Way School
- Art Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
- PE/Health & Life Skills Teacher (Part-Time), Bridge Way School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.