Managing Director of Program Strategies, Steppingstone Scholars
Posted by Steppingstone Scholars on July 5, 2022
Who We Are and What We Do
On May 24, 2022, the boards of Philadelphia Futures and Steppingstone Scholars voted to merge, creating one of the most dynamic, expansive, and trusted educational nonprofits in the City of Philadelphia. This vote provides a path for the joint organization to significantly scale services for students, particularly Black, Latino/a, and first-generation students, and to create sustainable access to academic and workforce opportunities.
Upon the official merger, which is subject to required governmental approvals, the organization will rebrand as a new entity to be unveiled in Fall 2022. In the coming months, we are excited to make key additions to the team (informally called PFSS in the interim) that will support the vision for the new organization: “all Philadelphia students graduate high school with pathways to economic mobility through college and workforce success.”
Note: Until the merger is finalized, which is anticipated for Fall 2022, new staff may be onboarded to either Philadelphia Futures or Steppingstone Scholars.
About this Role
The Managing Director of Program Strategies will be a key member of the K-12 Program Team, which supports programming for middle- and high-school aged students. This role will collaborate with school-facing managing directors to structure, align, monitor and, as necessary adjust, programming delivered by school-based staff.
You’ll help us to achieve:
- Stronger alignment of student-facing programming efforts to the organization’s strategic goals.
- Targeted and comprehensive programming strategy that addresses the needs of the school communities and students served by PFSS staff.
- Systems to evaluate and manage program effectiveness
You’ll be responsible for:
- Implementing research based best practices for advising, academics, and dual enrollment
- Strategizing with the VP of K-12 and Implementation team, the Managing Director will ensure high-quality and equitable experience across various school settings
- Working with District Student Services, the Managing Director will create a replicable advising and college admissions model that can be embedded in schools and is accessible to district staff.
- Designing and scaling the use of tools, frameworks, curriculum and processes that support advising around a range of college opportunities at all PFSS partner high schools
- Serving as the in-house expert around the stages of college-going and advising processes, providing guidance and professional develop to staff as necessary
- Supporting the VP in developing a continuum of experiences for students in grades 4-12
- Oversees integration of Key Performance Indicators into programming – that activities support strong data collection and reporting
- Synthesizing academics and advising models between the two organizations to develop a seamless, cohesive strategy
- Working with the Managing Directors of High School and VP of K-12, the Managing Director of Program Strategies will monitor adherence and overall evaluation and alignment of programming to grant expectations
- Request for Proposals: General Adult Education and Digital Literacy – Sep 19
- Civic & Digital Media Cultivator, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
- Teacher/Education Positions, Cambodian Assoc. of Greater Phila.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.