Managing Director, High School Programming, Heights Philadelphia
Posted by Heights Philadelphia on February 6, 2024
This position maintains an innovative partnership between Heights and the district’s Comprehensive and City Wide High Schools. The Managing Director will work closely with the Learning Network 4 Assistant Superintendent and will work with the school district to increase access to academic enrichment and college and workforce attainment for underserved students. This position is a Heights employee whose primary focus is to connect and utilize Heights’ extensive Out of School (OST) and in-school programming, college pathway expertise, and partnerships with employers and post-secondary education institutions to provide pathways to college and career for students across Learning Network 4 & 13 and Legacy Programs.
- Stronger college and career access and success outcomes, focusing on first generation to college, African-American, and Latino students.
- Work with Heights and district staff for increased access to college-preparatory curriculum, including Honors and AP courses
- Work with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality project management and delivery
- Strong performance for participants in our Academy Program, through strong recruitment, programming and partnership efforts with area independent schools.
- AmeriCorps VISTA Leader, National Nurse-Led Care Consortium (NNCC) – May 1
- Program Coordinator I, Institute for Empowering Equitable Education in STEM (E3)
- Assistant Director, Institute for Empowering Equitable Education in STEM (E3)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.