Manager Victim Services, Mothers Against Drunk Driving
Posted by Mothers Against Drunk Driving on September 26, 2016
The MADD Bridgeport, Pennsylvania 19405 office is currently seeking candidates for the full time position of Manager Victim Services 110-16.
Manage the implementation of victim services programming across the state or within a specified service area. Recruit, train, develop and manage assigned victim services employees and volunteers. Conducts ongoing community needs assessments to determine best resource allocation and service delivery. May author, manage and monitor grant proposals and active grants. Provide services to victims as determined by community needs assessment, covering areas where there are gaps in service.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide supervision, technical assistance, mentoring and training to both paid victim services employees (must supervise at least two (2) Victim Services employees) and victim services volunteers, which includes the development of work plans, problem solving and the provision of guidance on issues that arise from working with victims of drunk driving. Review victim services staff and volunteer level of service and performance, taking appropriate steps to facilitate corrections or changes.
2. May author, manage and/or monitor VOCA grant proposals and active grants including reporting to the MADD National office.
3. Ensure that appropriate victim assistance programs are in place; monitor and report on the effectiveness of the programs.
4. Identify and coordinate contacts with state resources available to victims such as contacts in the criminal justice system, social welfare agencies, and support groups.
5. Conduct ongoing community needs assessments, analyzing the needs of victims within service areas to determine appropriate resource allocation and best service delivery methods.
6. Provide effective and efficient service to victims in areas not serviced by existing victim services programming.
7. Maintain accurate case records, statistical information and grant reports for each victim case according to MADD and grant standards and guidelines. May be responsible for grant writing and reporting to grantor and MADD
8. Other duties as assigned.
- Community Outreach Coordinator (Part-Time), OCCCDA
- After School Literacy and Math Instructors, 21st Century Community Learning Center
- Bi-Lingual Family Ambassador (Chinese-Mandarin), OCCCDA
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.