Manager of Information Systems, People’s Emergency Center
Posted by on March 12, 2004
Job Opening at PEC
The Manager of Information Systems position has become available at PEC due to Al Hughes leaving PEC at the end of this month. Qualified applicants who are interested in applying and who meet the expectations below should forward a cover letter and resume to my attention. Thank you, Rebecca
Essential Functions of the MIS job include:
Responsibility for deployment, maintenance and documentation of Windows NT 4.0/2000 Network infrastructure consisting of Microsoft Exchange 5.5/2000, SQL 2000 and XP workstations.
Support and maintenance of Windows 2000 environment with basic user management, adds, changes and deletes.
Ability to maintain Cisco wireless LAN to multiple locations required.
Daily management and maintenance of all 3 servers and services including: Windows 2000, Exchange, SQL, Symantec Anti-Virus, AV updates, backup jobs, and tape rotations within Tapeware.
Support several local offices of about 90 diverse staff users total with responsibility for local desktop support, as needed.
Purchase, install and maintain all computer hardware and software as necessary.
Management and maintenance of several standard PC images will need to be maintained, so familiarity with Powerquest Deploy Center is necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
1. At least 2 years of experience implementing, managing, securing and documenting LAN/WAN environments.
2. Certifications and degrees such as MCSE 2000, Cisco CCNA are preferred not required.
3. Industry accepted security certification and college degrees preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Knowledge of IP addressing, routing, is a must.
2. Experience with Cisco PIX Firewall, Symantec Antivirus, Tapeware and Fundware accounting software.
Visit us at <a href="http://www.pec-cares.org">http://www.pec-cares.org</a>
- Managing Director of Program Strategies, Steppingstone Scholars
- Associate Vice President of Career Pathways, Steppingstone Scholars
- Administrative Assistant (Full-Time), Bridge Way School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.