Manager of Curriculum and Evaluation, National Constitution Center
Posted by National Constitution Center on January 24, 2023
The National Constitution Center is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization devoted to teaching about the Constitution. Located on Philadelphia’s historic Independence Mall, steps from where the Constitution was drafted and signed, it serves as America’s leading platform for constitutional education and debate, fulfilling its congressional charter “to disseminate information about the U.S. Constitution on a nonpartisan basis in order to increase awareness and understanding of the Constitution among the American people.”
The National Constitution Center is creating innovative and interactive Social Studies educational online content for high school, middle school students, and adult learners. We are seeking an experienced educational curriculum writer to partner with us to create engaging learning content. This position will support the development of curriculum, assessment, and professional development for the NCC, which includes new program development and revisions, as well as training teachers across the country on these tools and programs.
This position is open to remote work.
- Work with NCC Education and Content teams to create curriculum design standards and methodologies based on innovative pedagogies and best practices that result in high quality teaching and learning experiences.
- Provide expertise on effective assessment methodology, and direct measures of student learning by designing instruments, sampling student work, analyzing data, and reporting, with a goal of continuous improvement.
- Work with the Chief Learning Officer to establish standards for assessment and rubrics for curricular and co‐curricular activities and program review.
- Support new course development and revision project plans. Assist with development and implementation of viable new programs and support materials.
- Work with the Education team to create and maintain templates for program, course, and assessment development.
- Coordinate with all involved parties to ensure accountability, utilizing project management best practices.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and implement results of assessments and program reviews into actionable project plans for curriculum and course delivery revisions.
- Write lesson overviews, lesson studies, study guides, and assessments focused on high school social studies content, while incorporating the standards and objectives within the scope and sequence into the content.
- Interpret feedback from internal project leads in order to implement revisions within the scope of the assignment.
- Understand the nuances of the NCC’s Constitutional Course content and modify the tools for development into online course formatting.
- State Course adoption project – review all curricular materials for alignment and adoption by state guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Please note that the Center may change specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
- Education Program Manager, HIAS PA
- Center Director, Childspace Centers
- Transportation Planning Intern, Streets Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.