Manager, Digital Inclusion Program, People’s Emergency Center
Posted by on January 20, 2009
People’s Emergency Center in West Philadelphia now hiring Digital Inclusion Manager. Details below. Please pass along.
TITLE: Manager, Digital Inclusion Program
AREA: Community Development Corporation
SUPERVISED BY: Vice President of Community & Economic Development
All Inquiries please contact:
Human Resources Manager
P: (215) 382-7522 Ext. 260
· Minimum of a B.A. in an IT related field or 3-5 years of work experience with networks, WiFi, computer refurbishment, MS Office instruction and community development though the use of information technologies.
· Strong written and oral communications skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and communicate with a broad range of people, including community members and technical staff.
· Proven record of working successfully in teams.
· Solid organizational abilities.
· Is a self starter.
· Creative problem solver and program developer.
· Proven ability to function in complex, politically sensitive, multicultural environments.
· Substantive experience managing collaborative projects with diverse partners.
· Experience in working in economically and ethnically diverse urban communities.
· Passionate about developing new, multidisciplinary models for helping people improve their quality of life and build assets.
Our mission is to maximize the use of technology to help low-income people build assets, and raise their standard of living. Through after school programs, community classes, and a home-based Internet strategy, People’s Emergency Center (PEC), is working to provide low-income households with computers and Internet access, training, and comprehensive, web-based content that expands individuals’ opportunities to make more informed decisions, increase their earning potential, and support children’s learning.
We have developed a learning environment and computer lab to demonstrate how technology can enhance the networks between low-income people, nonprofits, government and the private sector. The Digital Inclusion Manager will be responsible for helping to develop IT training and implementation strategies to improve the community’s computer literacy and access to information via computers and computer networks. He or she will also have responsibility for all Digital Inclusion programs, either currently in operation and/or development related to improving digital access for PEC clients and neighborhood residents.
1. Program Management of all PEC Digital Inclusion Programs.
2. Community Outreach: Recruiting qualified applicants to participate in Digital Inclusion’s programs.
3. Supervision of technical assistants/interns who provide troubleshooting and tech support for the program.
4. Management of the Teen Technology Network and Sixth Grade Stars Programs: Serve as lead instructor of these programs in partnership with the School District and other partners. Responsible for all aspects of this program including: recruitment, class instruction, computer hardware and software support, supervision of interns and part-time instructors.
5. Management of E-Assist: Set-up accounts for new participants in this partnership between PEC and the Department of Public Welfare. Also responsible for training, technical support and troubleshooting related to this pilot program. Assist the evaluation team as needed to collect data for outcome measurement report.
6. Participant Support: Serve as lead instructor of community classes, and welfare to work and employment classes; assure that community participants are trained, supported and using the system. Also serve as liaison to program participants to ensure delivery of technical support if needed.
7. Program Administration: Implement program tracking and documentation systems using the CDC database. Prepare progress reports to present to the board and/or VP and prepare reports for funders as needed.
8. Cisco Wireless Network: Ensuring the enhancement of the existing WiFi and the installation of new access points and ongoing maintenance of existing system to include monitoring of wireless network traffic. Responsible to contract with required technicians for proper installation and all invoicing related to this wireless system.
9. Develop and implement a staff development program that focuses on IT related skills and knowledge.
10. Some knowledge/experience in program development preferred.
11. Experience or knowledge of grant management preferred.
12. Other duties as required.
SALARY RANGE: Level E
BENEFITS: The following benefits package is detailed in the PEC Personnel Policies and is the same for all full-time PEC employees.
HOURS While this is not regarded as an hourly position, it is assumed that it requires a minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
HEALTH BENEFITS: Please see Human Resource Manager for current cost information and plan design.
VACATION TIME: 1.25 Days (10 hours) accrued per month. 15 days (120 hours) yearly. 20 days (160 hours) after 5 years of employment. For purposes of time off, 1 day will equal eight (8) hours.
SICK TIME: 10 days (80 hours) yearly. For purposes of time off, 1 day will equal eight (8) hours.
PERSONAL TIME: 1 Day (8 hours) accrued per quarter. 4 days (32 hours) yearly. For purposes of time off, 1 day will equal eight (8) hours.
FLEXIBLE BENEFITS: PEC makes available to staff several pre-tax benefit programs, see Human Resource Manager for current design and eligibility.
PROBATION PERIOD: 90 days
- President, Archbishop Ryan High School, Phila.
- Administrative Assistant (Part-Time), Penn State Brandywine
- Front Desk/Greeter (Part-Time), Dornsife Center – Nov 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.