Make Money by Doing Good: Exploring Jobs in the Social Sector
Posted by Free Library of Philadelphia on September 17, 2018
Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:00 p.m.
Regional Foundation Center at Parkway Central Library
Nonprofits have long served a need in their communities that the private sector or government have been unable address. But as more individuals and businesses start to think about how they can give back to their communities, nonprofits are no longer the gold standard for doing good. With this shift, more opportunities have opened up for people to work for mission-driven organizations, regardless of the organization’s tax status.
Join us for a panel discussion about:
- Trends in nonprofit careers and hiring
- Social-minded organizations that are not nonprofits
- Common myths about working in the social sector
- How nonprofit jobs accommodate a variety of skills and talents (not everyone has to be a fundraising professional or executive director!)
Who should attend: anyone who is looking to work in the social sector (new graduates, those interested in transitioning from for-profit to nonprofit) or anyone who already works in the social sector and wants to learn about current trends.
6:00pm – 6:30: Networking
6:30pm – 7:30pm: Panel
7:30pm – 8:00pm: Networking
- Mo Manklang | Communications Director | U.S. Federation of Worker Cooperatives
- Steven Dorcelien | Community Associate | Social Impact Lead, Philadelphia | WeWork
- Marta Rusek | Communications Manager | Friends General Conference | Organizer of Nonprofit Nerd
- Tivoni Devor | Manager, Partnerships and Outreach | Urban Affairs Coalition
This program is generously sponsored by Citizens Charitable Foundation.
This event is free to attend but advanced registration is required as space as limited. Please click here to register: https://bric.ticketleap.com/nonprofitjobpanel2018/
Wednesday, September 27 | 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Parkway Central | 4th Floor | Skyline Room
Website listing: https://libwww.freelibrary.org/calendar/event/79687
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Leaders and Legends Black History Month Exhibition 2023, Smith Playground
- Regional Industries and STEM Education Virtual Meeting – Feb 27
- DVRPC Workforce Mobility Summit – Mar 21
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.