Maguire Museum Education Outreach Coordinator, Saint Joseph’s Univ.
Posted by Saint Joseph's University on June 14, 2022
The Frances M. Maguire Art Museum (FMAM) at Saint Joseph’s University (SJU) seeks an experienced, creative, and forward-thinking museum educator to conceive and implement educational programs. The Educational Outreach Coordinator will serve as the principal liaison for the museum to SJU students as well as families, K-12 educators and students, schools, and community partners in the greater Philadelphia region. The Educational Outreach Coordinator will cultivate collaborative relationships with museum and academic colleagues and campus and community groups to create a dynamic range of curricular and co-curricular opportunities using innovative teaching strategies and interpretive tools to deepen cultural competence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, promote, and implement educational programming related to the Museum’s exhibitions, collections, and mission using a wide variety of delivery methods that serve the University community and the museum’s surrounding communities. These include, but are not limited to, guided school and group tours, virtual field trips and programs, family days, summer camps, and online educational content
- Work closely with other museum staff to develop and implement educational programming to support and enhance exhibitions of the permanent collection and loan shows, as well as special events
- Recruit, train, coordinate, and supervise volunteer and student docents and student employees
- Serve as a liaison with the Education Department regarding SJU student teaching opportunities
- Conceive and oversee the production of education and promotional materials for programs and exhibitions, website content, press releases, e-newsletters, and other materials as needed
- Identify grant opportunities and contribute to the development of narratives and budgets for grant applications to federal, state, and private funding sources for support of the museum’s educational programs
- Manage, identify, and maintain new tools and technology for audience cultivation, including virtual programming and tours, creative AV content, and social media outreach
- Identify and apply for grants to support programming
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by director
- Vice President, Data & Innovation, Steppingstone Scholars
- Grant Writer (Contracted), Phila. Youth Basketball – Oct 3
- Community Outreach Coordinator, Philadelphia Orchard Project – Oct 17
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.