Loan Associate (Part-time), Entrepreneur Works Fund
Posted by Entrepreneur Works on June 20, 2016
POSITION: Loan Associate (Part-time), Entrepreneur Works Fund
REPORTS TO: Loan Officer
Entrepreneur Works Fund is a non-profit organization that creates pathways of opportunity for talented yet underserved entrepreneurs. Across the Philadelphia region our clients start and grow small businesses, create jobs for themselves and their neighbors, and strengthen the local economy. As a non-profit organization offering access to small business loans, training, and one-on-one counseling, Entrepreneur Works Fund empowers small business owners from all walks of life to prosper and build sustainable communities. We support hundreds of aspiring and established entrepreneurs each year, with a particular focus on those who are low- to moderate-income; women; immigrants; members of racial or ethnic minority groups; or are otherwise underserved.
Since 1998 Entrepreneur Works Fund has impacted approximately 4,500 microenterprises and advanced 437 microloans, investing a total of $1.5 million directly into neighborhood businesses. At least 87% of our clients identified as members of a racial minority, while 73% resided in low- to moderate-income households and 63% were women in Fiscal Year 2015. Entrepreneur Works Fund became a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) by the United States Department of Treasury in 1999, and received re-certification in 2013. For more information: http://www.myentrepreneurworks.org.
Entrepreneur Works Fund seeks a part-time Loan Associate to assist our Loan Officer with growth, management and soundness of the organization’s small business loan portfolio. The Loan Associate will work with Entrepreneur Works Fund’s lending unit to expand the small business loan portfolio and be responsible for portfolio management, monitoring and reporting; loan origination support; and general administrative functions related to the origination and disbursement of loans.
This position requires an experienced, highly detail-oriented and organized individual with superior written and verbal communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment and as part of a dynamic, multicultural team of talented professionals. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission, has a commitment to excellence, and can demonstrate lending experience as well as a proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage projects under tight deadlines.
New Business Development and Loan Origination
* Direct marketing and outreach to prospective borrowers
* Loan applicant intake, underwriting and analysis
* Identifying technical assistance needs of loan applicant
* Preparing and presenting loan packages for loan committee
* Preparing closing documents for approved loans and coordinating loan closings
* Setting up and maintaining loan client files
Portfolio Servicing and Management
* Monitoring and managing the performance of the loan portfolio, including: loan delinquency management, collections, problem loans, and workouts within established policies and performance standards
* Collecting and entering all required client and transaction data into loan processing system and database
* Preparing and tracking the disbursement and repayment of loans, including associated fees and interest payments
* Coordinating ongoing technical assistance to borrowers to optimize the timely and complete repayment of loans
* Assisting accounting and administrative staff to ensure accurate and timely financial recordkeeping and preparing for the annual audit
* Responding to periodic industry and funder surveys
* Representing organization and making presentations at public forums, community events and conferences
* Conducting financial workshops, facilitating community outreach efforts and building referral networks
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
The successful candidate will possess:
* Loan origination and underwriting experience
* Strong financial analysis skills
* Superior writing, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
* Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
* Experience working/volunteering for a non-profit organization a plus
* Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience. This is a part-time position (25 hours per week).
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to Katya Noreika, Loan Officer at email@example.com. Please put “Loan Associate” in the subject heading. No phone calls, please.
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.