Life Skills Coach (Part-Time), Ed Snider Youth Hockey
Posted by Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation on May 18, 2021
Snider Hockey is a nationally acclaimed non-profit that uses the sport of hockey to educate and empower under-resourced youth of Philadelphia to prosper in the game of life. Evidence-based outcomes are young citizens who:
- Achieve academic success as they matriculate from Crayons through College;
- Consistently make healthy and thoughtful life choices;
- Serve as positive role models to the next generation of Snider Hockey student-athletes;
- Realize gainful and rewarding employment; and
- Give back to their community.
The over-arching goal of the Life Skills Programs Team is to provide opportunities through the game of hockey, keep student-athletes physically active, build skills, work together with others, take safe risks, build character, and develop healthy habits. Life Skills Coaches are responsible for coaching, mentoring, facilitating character education, and building positive relationships with Snider Hockey student-athletes, ages 5-24. The successful candidate must be able to consistently model and promote the values of integrity, community, and excellence to ensure a fun, safe, and educational experience for all Snider Hockey participants.
- Project Assistant (F.A.C.E), School District of Phila.
- Policy Director, YSRP – Aug 27
- K-12 Program Specialist II, Grades 5-6 (Full Time)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.