LGBTQ+ youth homelessness conference
Posted by The Philadelphia Foundation on October 30, 2017
Half-day conference will focus on LGBTQ+ youth homelessness
The Philadelphia Foundation is excited to bring together a diverse group of organizations and individuals to explore LGBTQ+ youth homelessness in Philadelphia and what nonprofits and the philanthropic sector are doing to address it. Presentations from True Colors Fund, Philadelphia’s Office of Homeless Services, and Project HOME will provide national and local insights, as well as emerging opportunities for collaborative work. Organizations serving LGBTQ+ homeless youth along the entire continuum of needs from housing to out-of-school time programming will gain new information and have the opportunity to share insights with colleagues.
Attendees can expect to:
• Learn about emerging programs addressing LGBTQ+ youth homelessness.
• Get an update on the impact of new collaborations across many organizations serving homeless youth.
• Hear how other cities are utilizing citywide strategic plans to work towards ending LGBTQ+ youth homelessness.
When: Thursday, November 16, 2017
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Where: The Philadelphia Foundation
1835 Market Street, Suite 2410
Philadelphia, PA 19103
For more information, email Rudy Flesher at email@example.com.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Zoom Event: Celebrate the Americans with Disabilities Act Anniversary – Jul 28
- CEA Virtual Learning Series: Building Coalitions – Aug 17
- Physics Professional Development Course: Physics for the Next Generation: The Patterns Approach – Jul 25-28
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.