Learn x Design 2016
Posted by University of the Arts on May 16, 2016
Learn x Design 2016 is a National Conference for Design Educators, Administrators and Researchers, taking place on June 25-26 2016 at the Dupont Environmental Education Center.
Sponsored by the DESIGN-ED coalition and hosted by the Design-Lab high school in neighboring Newark, this year’s conference promises to be an intimate, hands-on learning experience for all.
Learn X Design | Wilmington, DE USA | June 25-26, 2016
May 17 is the deadline to submit proposals!
The theme of this year’s conference is “The Contribution of Design Education to Life, Community, Culture, and the Economy.”
This conference wil provide opportunities for learning about the potential of teaching design and building partnerships. It will provide an important step to creating a foundational base for how and why design education is important. The format will include presentation sessions on the benefits of and research studies in design education, workshops demonstrating strategies fo teaching design and poster sessions that show aspects of both.
DESIGN-ED is now accepting proposals that address one of the following themes:
- Design Thinking
- Design Education Integration
- The Beneficial Aspects of Teaching Design
- Design Education Community Projects
Categories of Proposals being accepted for consideration:
- Research studies that show quantifiable evidence of the influence of design education on the general education of students, on the quality of life of a community or individuals, or the impact design has had on the economy.
- Education Workshops that demonstrate effective strategies for teaching design, K-16
- Poster Sessions that present material in a visual display with short discussion. This may include student or personal work, research studies, or other pertinent information.
- Administrator Panels of K-12 design schools and those who incorporae design in a substantive way, including design thinking, will paticipate in panels that discuss the benefits of using design pedagogy.
- Student Panels who explain the impact that design education and design thinking are having on their lives.
Proposals should contain the following:
- Name of Session Presenter(s), Workshop Leader(s), Poster Session presenter(s)
- Aim and content of the presentations (400 words)
Each presentation will last 20 minutes and be followed by 10 minutes of questions and/or discussion time.
Proposals may be submitted via email to DESIGN-ED Trustee Joseph Schwartz by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternately, proposals may be shared as a Google doc by sharing with “email@example.com”
- May 17, 2016: Due date for propsals
May 30, 2016: Notification of acceptance
June 10, 2016: Deadline for presenter registration
June 25-26, 2016: Conference Dates
Thank you for your interest in Learn x Design 2016!
Click here to register for the conference
More information can be found at: Learn x Design 2016 Conference.
We look forward to seeing you in Wilmington!
-The DESIGN-ED Team
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Virtual Training: Empowering Youth Using Mentoring Strategies – Sep 10 or 14
- Tech Workshops for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8, TechGirlz – Sep-Oct
- Tech Workshop for Middle School Girls, Grades 5-8, TechGirlz – Aug 20
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.