Lead Navigator, Mazzoni Center
Posted by Mazzoni Center on September 18, 2017
The Navigation Program at Mazzoni Center offers HIV prevention services to high-risk individuals and specifically targets men of color who sleep with men and transgender individuals of color. This position will provide client-centered prevention and patient navigation services, including HIV test-decision counseling, HIV results counseling, referrals, and linkages to medical care and other internal services or in partner agencies. The Lead Patient Navigator will also contribute greatly to the promotion of and recruitment for Patient Navigation as well as for other Mazzoni Center programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
Works closely with the Navigation Program Manager to:
- Performs outreach and promotion for recruitment into Navigation Services
- Conduct biopsychososial assessment for clients
- Assist clients in developing navigation goals
- Provide guidance to Navigators on how they support clients working toward their goals
- Perform navigation services, HIV prevention, counseling, and support to clients during day and evening hours
- Provide education and resources around HIV, STIs, PrEP, nPEP, mental health, treatment services, etc.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of the navigation resource guide
- May be required to perform HIV and STD screening
- Follows up to clients to confirm that they have accesses referrals
- Assist with promotion and participant recruitment of Mazzoni Center’s services
- Conduct daily data entry of client and service information using an internal spreadsheet, Evaluation Web, Care Ware, Athena, etc.
- Coordinate with external providers to ensure high-risk HIV-negative service linkage
- Facilitate referral and linkages to other support services as necessary (including case management, prevention counseling, substance abuse treatment, mental health counseling, etc.)
- Generate internal and external reports as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Navigation Manager and Prevention and Education Director
- Educator (Part-Time, Temporary), Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site – Feb 12
- Community Resource Corps Spring 2023 Cohort – Feb 9
- Project Assistant (College/Graduate/Post-Graduate Students), Connect the Dots – Feb 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.